Book logo xindy

A Flexible Indexing System

Re: Xindy-version fuer sunOS-4.1.1

	Hello,

> > If you have the resources we would be very glad to help you building a
> > version for SunOS 4.x.
>
> I do have access to a sparc-1+ 32Mb sun-OS 4.11. with gcc-2.7.2 on it
> with most other gnu-tools.
>
> can you pack the sources and the build instructions into a gzipped tar
> file and let me know where I can pick it up ?

You find a porting guide in the Developers subdirectory on our
ftp-server. The file `clisp-porting.guide' contains further
instructions. Any needed archives are located there, too.

> > Walter told that under certain, not reproducible circumstances, parts
> > of a generated index seem to be duplicated at the beginning and/or
> > end. I'm very interested if somebody had similar problems (probably
> > under the Linux version given above?).
> >
> > Since I never observed this kind of behaviour I can't help at this
> > moment. Probably there are some problems with Output-buffering.
>
> If you are interested I can mail you a copy of the raw index and a
> copy of the xindy-output (including the repeated parts of the index)
> let me know if this is of help.

Just send it. I'll have a look if I can reproduce it...

--
Roger Kehr			   kehr@iti.informatik.th-darmstadt.de
Computer Science Department          Technical University of Darmstadt