Book logo xindy

A Flexible Indexing System

[xindy] Source developers kit available

	Hello,

I've just enhanced the developers kit in a way that ist should be now
possible to build xindy really from scratch. I contains a Makefile
setup that minimizes the effort to port xindy to a Unix platform.

This is accompanied by a new guide about how to port xindy to other
Unix platforms. Further information can be obtained at

   http://www.iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/xindy/coord.html

I hope that the guide is understandable. Any corrections and
improvements are welcome. I have done all steps manually and it should
work right out of the box. If there are no big hurdles, the whole
thing is done in an hour or two with lots of coffee breaks.

Cheers,
--Roger

--
Roger Kehr			   kehr@iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Computer Science Department         Darmstadt University of Technology