Book logo xindy

A Flexible Indexing System

Re: and again: xindy on alpha-dec-osf4.0

Ralph J. Hangleiter writes:
 > Nearly there?
 >
 > >  Try to add the library -lintl. This should include the missing
 > >  functions.
 >
 > This didn't work. I had to copy libintl.a from $CLISP_SRC/src/gettext/intl
 > to the clisp/arch/alpha-dec-osf4.0 directory.
 >
 > Then it worked.

Ah, I see. I didn't know that.

 > The problem now is when running the testsuite of  xindy-2.0b, I get
 >
 > Test "mappings" failed!
 >
 > although the output was something like
 >
 > ------------------------------
 > Running test "err1".
 > ------------------------------
 >
 > This is `xindy' version 2.0 (alpha-dec-osf4.0 binary version 2.0).
 >
 > Opening logfile "err1.xlg" (done)
 > Reading indexstyle...
 >
 > Error in line 2:
 > (broken-read-error
 >
 > ERROR: READ: input stream #<ECHO-STREAM> ends within an object
 >
 > ------------------------------
 > Running test "err2".
 > ------------------------------
 >
 > This is `xindy' version 2.0 (alpha-dec-osf4.0 binary version 2.0).
 >
 > Opening logfile "err2.xlg" (done)
 > Reading indexstyle...
 >
 > Error in line 1:
 > (this is an example of an eval error)
 > ERROR: EVAL: undefined function THIS
 >

 > Any comments?

This is an expected error. The testsuite just tests if the error
system works correctly, which it did ;-) For this reason I wrote
"(this is an example of an eval error)".

[.. stuff deleted .. ]

 > Test "mappings" failed!

This is really funny, because "mappings" is one of the simplest
mapping tests, whereas "deutsch" and "french" test the mapping systems
very intensively.

Could you please send me the files mappings.* from the tests
subdirectory, to see what actually failed. Can't be a big problem,
though.

Cheers,
--Roger

--
Roger Kehr			   kehr@iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Computer Science Department         Darmstadt University of Technology