Book logo xindy

A Flexible Indexing System

Re: xindy and linux-libc6

Thomas Henlich writes:
 > Hi there,
 > Now I upgraded my Linux system to libc version 6 (SuSE 6.1)
 > and: xindy doesn't work anymore :-(
 > When I try to install it, it says:
 >
 > /usr/src/xindy/binaries/i386-linux-elf$ make
 > ./xindy.run -q -M ./base.mem -c ../../current/src/base.lsp -o base.fas
 > ./xindy.run: can't load library 'libc.so.5'
 > make: *** [base.fas] Error 16
 >
 > But I don't want to install libc5 (37 MB!). Is there a version of xindy for
 > libc6?

I have not compiled a new version for libc6 and it seems to be
unlikely to do that instantly.

Any volunteers to do a port are encouraged to do so. Instructions can
be found at

	http://www.iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/xindy/coord.html

Actually, it should be straightforward to build a version for libc6.

Cheers,
Roger

--
Roger Kehr			       kehr@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Computer Science Department         Darmstadt University of Technology